Mr. Shahidul Islam Chowdhury
Department of English
School of Liberal Arts & Social Science
Sunday to Thursday: 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
Course Instructor (Fall-2014):
- Introduction to Literature (English 201 – sections: 1, 2, and 3)
- English Phonetics and Phonology (English 154)
- Business Communication Skills (MBA)
MA in English Studies,University of Sussex, Brighton, England
MA in English,University of Chittagong, Chittagong, Bangladesh
BA (Hons)in English, University of Chittagong; Chittagong, Bangladesh
- Women’s Writings
- Gender and Feminist Studies
- American Literature
1. Title: Paradox of Identity in Doris Lessing’s The Golden Notebook
Journal: Premier Critical Perspectives (Premier University Journal, Chittagong, Bangladesh). Vol. 1 (2009).
Pages: 133-139. ISSN: 2075-650X
2. Title: The Paradoxical Hierarchy in Doris Lessing’s The Grass Is Singing
Journal: Crossings (University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh Journal of English Studies, Dhaka, Bangladesh) Vol. 2 No.1 Fall 2009.
Pages: 73-79. ISSN: 2071-1107
3. Title: The Restoration of Feminist Subjectivity in Henrik Ibsen and Rabindranath Tagore
Journal: Crossings (University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh Journal of English Studies, Dhaka, Bangladesh) Vol. 3 No.1 Fall 2010-Fall 2011.
Pages: 99-108 ISSN: 2071-1107
4. Title: Paradox of Identity in J. M. Coetzee’s In the Heart of the Country
Journal: Horizon (Department of English, University of Chittagong, Chittagong, Bangladesh) Number 4, March 2011.
Pages: 143-150. ISSN: 2223-0556
5. Title: Family Bond and Traumatic Pathology in Alice Munro’s “The Bear Came Over the Mountain”
Journal: Stamford Journal of English (Department of English, Stamford University Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh) Vol. 6. Summer 2011.
Pages: 98-107. ISSN: 1818-9512
6. Title: Emily Dickinson and the Feminist Subjectivity
Journal: Outlooks (VUB Studies in Language, Literature and Culture, Victoria University of Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh) Vol. 1 No.1 June 2011.
Pages: 75-87. ISSN: 2079-7478
7. Title: The Extent of Lyric in Rae Armantrout’s Money Shot
Journal: Chaos (Department of English, Independent University Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh) Vol. 1 2012.
Pages: 133-142. ISSN: 2304-3792
8. Title: The Extent of Dissociation in Virginia Woolf’s Between the Acts
Journal: Stamford Journal of English (Department of English, Stamford University Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh)
Vol. 7. Pages: 27-39. ISSN: 1818-9512
1. Title: “Relativity” (A poem)
Book: The Best Book in the Uni Verse. People Power Publications, Sussex University Brighton. 2012.
Page: 91. ISSN: 2050-6503
2. Title: “The Interview” (A poem) The Daily Star. October 31, 2009.
Book of Poems:
Jhorey Porar Kabbo. [A Collection of Bengali Poems]. Chittagong: Rupkotha, 2013. Print.